Senior Manager, Global Mobile Business Development
18 days ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, Global Mobile Business Development
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Mobile Partnerships Team at Activision Blizzard King drives partner collaboration that fuels organic growth across our leading portfolio of mobile games. We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized individual to support the Mobile Business Development team and drive new growth strategies and opportunities. This role will report into the Vice President, Global Mobile Business Development.
You’ll play an instrumental role in identifying, evaluating, and managing new partnerships and opportunities that drive significant and incremental value to ABK’s portfolio of mobile games across all of our key franchises, including Call of Duty, Diablo, Warcraft, and Candy Crush. You will work closely alongside various internal functional and game development teams across to align on business development strategies and foster positive relationships with at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate within the Mobile Partnerships team (1st Party Platforms, Strategy & Ops) and executive management to build and drive mobile partnerships strategy & initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement mobile business development opportunities, including conducting market scans, strategy building, financial modeling, and deal negotiations.
- Work closely with mobile product teams (including Call of Duty: Mobile, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, Diablo Immortal, Warcraft Arclight Rumble, Candy Crush Saga, and many others) to design and create appealing partnership offers.
- Prepare external business development materials to showcase our mobile titles and performance.
- Create detailed and insightful internal briefing documents as management communication tools.
- Lead and manage certain mobile partners with the goal of optimizing value created by the partner.
- Stay abreast of digital entertainment and mobile gaming market trends and competitive forces, assess their impact on our business, and regularly share. Support internal strategic planning initiatives.
- Partner with regional teams (APAC, LatAm, EMEA) to align on mobile partnerships strategy and implement business development initiatives.
Skills to Create Thrills
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record from a top university, MBA a plus.
- Eight plus years of strategy, consulting, investment banking or related partner management or business development experience in a gaming, media or consumer web/mobile services company.
- Proven track record of analyzing and identifying new opportunities within the digital entertainment space, and then driving such opportunities to product launch.
- Proven track record of product and partner management.
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work cross-culturally and collaborate with international teams and partners.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze problems, leading to developing and communicating recommendations and action plans to senior management.
- Analytical, with experience driving analyses and recommendations with data-driven framework. Keen financial modeling skills.
- Excellent project management skills in managing external and internal partners to implement recommendations and action plans.
- Excellent oral and communications skills to express sophisticated and analytical concepts with clarity.
- Strong influencing skills. Ability to take ownership of an issue and see it through resolution.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Santa Monica, CA.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $116,800.00 - $216,000.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.