Senior Manager, Global Events Security
Redwood City, CA
3 months ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Responsible for identifying potential threats and fraudulent activities directly or indirectly affecting EA’s assets, people and interests globally. The incumbent will be tasked with providing investigative and intelligence collection support to EA’s internal business operations as assigned. This role requires combination of investigations, event security, executive protection, and intelligence gathering skills to be used in the detection of fraud, abuse and other criminal activity from external and/or internal entities, in order to protect EA’s employees, visitors, players and interests, globally.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholder groups in determining security risks at/near event venue and recommended lodging locations.
- Gather security related intelligence for each event and prepare a corresponding event playbook.
- Develop and execute integrated security plan and for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Evaluate security performance, including ROI for each event.
- Manage security budget; evaluate results against goals and generate learnings for improvement.
- Manage/Lead pre-event security operations including event security staffing and key employee security support.
- Source security vendors for each location as needed
- Manage security contractors/vendors associated with event elements
- Maintain a network of peer companies, consultants, vendors and organizations to stay abreast of industry trends and best practices
- Assist in development of EA’s incident response team exercises around events
- Other strategic initiatives / projects as assigned
- Leadership and sound judgment.
- Strategic program management and consulting skills
- Must have 100% credibility, objectivity and respect across all parts of the business.
- Ability to identify risk and define mitigation measures. Proactive mindset.
- Build relationships with E-Staff and business leaders
- Proven track record of cross-functional collaboration with other service functions (Marketing, IT, PE, Finance, Legal)
- Strong ability to effectively influence expectations and mitigate conflict
- Willingness to challenge status quo, innovate and introduce new ideas
- Understanding of differences in standards and culture across geographies and cultures
- Service-oriented/customer-driven approach
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid decision-making and judgment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work within a matrix environment with cross-functional collaboration
Professional Expertise/ Knowledge
- End-to-end event planning
- Industry best practices for event security
- Experience with emergency management (ICS) – preferably in global corporation setting
- Strategic planning / event management in global security domain
- Knowledge of estimating and cost associated with security operations management
Experience Needed for the Role
- 3-5 years in a similar role within a multi-national corporate security team
- Experience in project management / strategic planning & initiatives
- Former corporate event planning, security / law enforcement experience highly desired
- Develop and manage metrics and KPI’s with for events
- Program / project management reporting – key initiatives
- Strategic initiatives plan development
- Bachelor of Science Degree or combination of requisite experience and education; Master’s degree preferred
- ASIS affiliation
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.