Senior Manager, Game Production - League of Legends, Around Game
16 days ago
As Game Producers at Riot, we lead passionate teams to create products and experiences that want to achieve maximum player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a Senior Manager, Production and Initiative Delivery Lead for League of Legends you will oversee the delivery of features and services across multiple teams. You'll be working with and mentoring DLs of product development teams. You will coach and mentor teams on the initiative and the initiative leadership team to ensure the commitments we make are delivered successfully. You will also dive directly in to solve particularly important or complex production problems and deliver complex projects that require hands-on attention. You will also lead and coordinate production staff across the initiative, being ultimately accountable that work & teams have what’s needed to deliver against strategic priorities. You will be reporting to the Senior Director, Operations of League of Legends.
- Define and implement initiative operational strategy, including outsourcing strategy
- Ensure teams make clear commitments and deliver on them
- Regularly troubleshoot delivery risks for teams by reviewing release plans and team roadmaps, while looking for optimizations
- Own the initiative work system for teams (rituals, tracking, reporting, and stakeholder management) and Leadership work system (initiative has goals, action items are tracked/resolved, roles and responsibilities are defined, etc.)
- Provide Delivery leadership on ad hoc projects as needed, including outside Initiative projects such as Tentpole moments
- Design and evolve the organizational structure of the initiative
- Ensure teams are working sustainably and have long-term team and game health in mind
- Performance manage the producers on the initiative and coach team producers to monitor and proactively improve team health
- Ensure teams are learning and improving (RCA process, bug triage, etc.)
- Ensure teams are staffed efficiently and funded appropriately
- Ensure successful staffing transfers and accurate headcount tracking & reporting
- Be the primary point of contact for the Release team, Localization, and supporting teams
- Manage the teams space with proactive planning and ensuring we use space efficiently
- Coordinate initiative-wide events such as townhalls and celebrations
- Monitor and track the initiative’s budget (contractors, vendors, morale, and other spending) and lead annual budget planning for the initiatives
- Advocate for and be able to speak to the product direction set by your product partner
- Partner with the BU Operations Director to holistically level up the org’s operations (teams, performances, tools, processes etc)
- Partner with the Engineering leaders to level up the engineering practices and processes.
- Ultimately be responsible for the successful release of each patch’s content of each team in the initiative
- Minimum 10 years experience in leading multi-discipline development teams to ship complex software solutions using agile methodologies
- Experience in shipping live products involving multiple teams and vendors
- Expert in leading and implementing Agile or Lean software development practices
- Practical experience in agile engineering practices, XP, continues delivery and DevOps
- Prior experience as a people manager
- Passionate about League of Legends
- 2+ years of experience as a direct manager for production staff
- Game Production experience
- Experience with systems/services that operate at global scale
- MBA or advanced degrees in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.