This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager, Franchise Planning
1 month ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, Franchise Planning
Position Type Full-time
DIVISION AND DEPARTMENT
Activision | Blizzard | King Consumer Products (ABK CP) is the business segment of Activision Blizzard that extends the suite of brands to merchandise ranging from fashion apparel and accessories, collectibles, home décor, electronic peripherals, books, food and beverages, stationery, animation art, and other categories.
The ABK CP team is responsible for licensing characters and story created by Activision | Blizzard | King Studios. In addition and liaising with the Activision | Blizzard | King divisions, our retailer and licensing partners, it is responsible for driving brand collaborations, fandom experiences, and driving commercial reach.
The ABK CP Franchise Planning Senior Manager is responsible for driving long rang plans for each of our franchises studios that include the outline of collaborations, fan experience, and commercial reach.Core responsibilities will ensure the alignment of studio objectives to ABK CP plans with focus on driving meaningful collaborations, fandom experiences, and commercial reach.Meaningful collaborations will drive awareness of our suite of franchises and deliver significant marketing value.Fandom experiences are intended to deliver elevated fan engagement that deliver affinity and deepen loyalty.Commercial reach takes our suite of brands to all consumers through retail executions, both brick and mortar and dot com.
- Obtain long range plans for each game studio and determine the application to ABK CP.
- Identify key plans for each of the core priorities: collaborations, fan experiences, and commercial reach.
- Ensure studio long range plans are communicated to key members of the ABK CP org.
- Once an ABK CP plan is outlined, joint business planning meetings are scheduled with each studio team to communicate and align on an agreed plan.
- Once agreement is met, execution meetings will be set with each studio to update progress and communicate any adjustments.
- Obtain approvals for joint business planning, collaboration partnerships, fandom experiences, new licensees, product development as required, and any other key critical initiatives.
Category and Licensee Engagement:
- Align category plans which include licensee and product development.
- Support licensee pitches with studio game plans and other presentation material.
- Align with category leads on licensee marketing support and ensure it is included in ABK CP overall marketing value calculation.
- Ensure product development requests from the studio are prioritized by respective ABK CP teams (category and PD teams) either through OEM development or licensee development.
- Assist Creative/PD with the communication and approval process as needed. Approval examples include creative style guides, key item development, new product development, and other relevant creative or product approvals.
- Ensure product teams are aware of critical game development timelines and other critical franchise information to effectively develop style guides and product.
- Ensure retail teams are aware of critical game development timelines and other critical franchise information to effectively develop style guides and product.
- Support retail pitches with studio game plans and other presentation material.
- Align with retail lead on marketing support and ensure it is included in ABK CP overall marketing value calculation.
- Deliver cohesive, multi-dimensional marketing plans to support collaborations, fandom, and commercial initiatives. This includes supporting licensee marketing plans.
- Perform general supervisory functions such as hiring, onboarding, coaching, performance management, development and operating expense control.
- Collaborate with functional heads on team member's development, performance and position specific succession plans.
- Builds strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units and regional partners that result in new business and/or cross-functional opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree +10 yrs. of directly related experience or Masters +7 yrs. experience.
- At least 6 yrs. experience at the franchise manager level
- Proven team management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage large budgets
- Relationship builder
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Breakthrough thinker
- Excellent sales/negotiation skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Comprehensive knowledge of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitations
- Ability to drive a vision with commercial results
- Ability to lead change
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $105,120.00 - $194,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.