Senior Manager, External DE&I Efforts
3 days ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, External DE&I Efforts
Job Title: Senior Manager, External DE&I Efforts
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Are you an expert, data-driven Diversity, Equity & Inclusion professional? Are you a self-starter who can drive an agile approach in a dynamic business landscape? If yes to all of the above, please read on! As Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Senior Manager, you will work with the Senior Director to lead and implement the DE&I Strategy and drive progress in integrating DE&I throughout our business. This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Santa Monica, CA.
Priorities often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following accountabilities:
- Support the organization’s continuous progress against long-term business outcomes and goals affiliated with diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Develop a strategic plan to demonstrate in what ways external (The experience of individuals outside our company) focused initiatives will support our business maturing in DE&I business integration
- Lead DE&I focused initiatives focused on talent acquisition and brand experience that support our organization maturing
- Collaborate with business partners leading respective focuses to determine ways to advance as a business with integrating DE&I into talent acquisition and marketing processes
- Work with our business partners to share our diversity, equity and inclusion journey externally
- Advise with our business partners in the marketing and talent acquisition space around DE&I approaches to consider integrating
- Build relationships with external partner organizations to build community and provide resources to groups historically excluded from the gaming industry
- In collaboration with our TA team, further our partnerships with cultural minority serving institutions
- Support our TA teams in building pathways for non-traditional backgrounds through career resources
- Track progress of established and developed DE&I programs and initiatives under your responsibility
- Report plans and progress of DE&I programs and initiatives to business leaders
- Partner with our DE&I Officer and other DE&I team members to support business diversity goals
- Effectively communicate schedule, time management and risks of DE&I people facing programs and initiatives
- Collaborate with our marketing team to incorporate inclusivity and diversity into our marketing material creative processes
- Self-starter with 5+ years performance history in DE&I, implementing large scale initiatives, projects, or programs
- Proven track record to run cross-functional projects, as validated by previous experience coordinating targets and results with multiple partners
- Shown success in identifying and implementing DE&I standard methodologies and an excellent command of current DE&I concepts and issues within the industry
- Track record of working in matrixed organizations and engaging broad set of collaborators
- Shown success as a collaborator and relationship builder, with strong communication to lead with influence, facilitate strategic sessions and build coalitions and working relationships with a broad range of diverse individuals and groups, including senior executives, to achieve results
- Validated cultural awareness and agility and dexterity to build trust, credibility and navigate a sophisticated landscape
- Project management experience (e.g., Build work plans, establish, and lead against key landmarks and results)
- Recognized achievements in implementing recruitment and retention strategies and passionate about building a diverse workforce
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with experience in multiple communication modes, including social media, with the ability to articulate the importance of DE&I to the broader mission of higher education institutions.
- Deep content knowledge of the diversity, equity, and inclusiveness research base and standard processes
- Sophisticated skills in MS Office 365 – Work, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and SharePoint
- Experience working withing matrixed organization
- Understandings of global policies in place pertaining to diversity focused hiring practices
- Shown ability to iterate overtime
- Relationships with community partners focused creating opportunities and developing underrepresented community groups in STEM
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $105,120.00 - $194,400.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.