Senior Manager, Engine Support
7 days ago
The Engine & Console Support Engineering team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers with deep expertise in the Unity platform, with a primary goal of solving bugs and improving performance capabilities within the Unity engine, and also other complimentary Real Time 3D tools, that affect our most strategic customer’s production projects. The team works to reproduce issues affecting these projects, and quickly identify quality resolutions that will be resolved directly in the Unity source code.
We are looking for a leader who has experience in leading strategic technical efforts in either the Games or Digital Twin industries at the production level, and will have shipped product across either key games industry platforms (mobile platforms, PC, console, etc), or related platforms in the Digital Twin sector. This leader will ideally have a complimentary background in either customer support engineering or field engineering.
In this role you will be joining the Customer Success Engineering organization, and we work closely with Unity’s Core engine development teams, the Business Development organization, as well as the strategic Partner Relations technical account management teams - all of whom work in unison to ensure the best possible technical outcomes for our customers!
This role may involve periodic travel to customer and other Unity offices, primarily within the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific regions. You will be asked to travel either very occasionally or up to 20% of the time depending on your interests and responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage a team to meet required goals, including metrics such as: Support product retention, Customer satisfaction rates, Time to Resolution for customer issues
- Deploy support processes, onboarding, and expertise for new and updated Unity products across large, global team!
- Capable of managing a team in debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, proprietary engine) and the profiling tools therewithin.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in shipping games or other real-time interactive applications, including a proven understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Someone able to identify ways to improve and expedite the most urgent of customer issues via new real time methods, rather than always relying upon asynchronous ticketing methods.
- Someone massively passionate about video games and games technology
You might also have
- Experience in leading teams not only during the game development phase, but also during the game submission phase for the most challenging platforms (console platforms experience is helpful)
- Customer Support or Field / Solutions Engineering experience.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.