This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager / Director, Marketing & PR
CAN-ON-Toronto / 741
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager / Director, Marketing & PR
The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Canada (SIEC), the leading innovator in console, portable, and online entertainment experiences for consumers is seeking a Senior Manager or Director of Marketing & PR (depending upon skills and experience) for our Toronto office. This role is responsible for leadership of a team of highly performing Marketing professionals dedicated to driving the success of PlayStation products in the Canadian marketplace.
This position fills a pivotal role at SIEC, driving organizational excellence, strategic thinking, and strong partner relationships necessary to accomplish SIEC’s goal of outstanding leadership in the Canadian marketplace.
This role requires an energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills. They will have a proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results in the Canadian marketplace. Experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding and event management, this position will also be responsible for driving the annual strategic planning process throughout the year, ensuring that marketing opportunities are identified and explored, structuring initiatives so that they can clearly be executed. Adept in online and traditional marketing, as well as highly skilled in visual communications due to the work with key thought leaders to translate PlayStation products and messages into a compelling strategy. The Director of Marketing & PR will lead the SIEC Marketing team to translate these strategies into specific actionable plans and will manage the overall group to successful execution.
Aggressively fuel PlayStation growth and deliver business performance through leadership and drive for superior results:
- In partnership with stakeholders, paints a strategic vision of what the PlayStation brand should be in the Canadian marketplace and drives the team to develop programs that support that vision that are unique to each consumer touchpoint. Brand presence speaks to our core customers, driving sales to achieve SIEC’s objectives. Constantly thinking of and generating new ways to market and elevate not only PlayStation but the overall gaming category in the Canadian marketplace
- Stakeholder in annual planning process. Responsible for leading and influencing SIEC’s cross-functional teams in support of SIEC’s business objectives and customer objectives. Ensures company alignment and enforces timelines on projects to ensure successful and timely execution
- Leads the team that is responsible for driving the success of PlayStation products, services and brand promise in the Canadian marketplace. Develops and delivers innovative marketing programs, these can run the spectrum from specific media programs to recommended brand partnerships, events, to exclusive promotions and social media programs
- Utilizes analytics to measure success of programs and make modifications/recommendations for future programs based on performance analysis. Communicates insights to key decision-makers to help shape the future of the business
- Drives team and company-wide awareness of the competitive environment and opportunities to promote the PlayStation brand in the Canadian market
- Actively creates an environment in which the Marketing team is pushing outstanding performance, both from that team and from partners. Holds all stakeholders accountable for results and ensures necessary analysis is undertaken to improve future initiatives and performance
- Creates an environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and partnership. Articulates a “best in class” expectation every day
- A key representative of SIEC at retailer meetings, responsible for proactively presenting marketing plans
- Actively mentors’ direct reports as a key part of the leadership team
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- At least 10 years’ consumer electronics experience with demonstrated history of accomplishment in the areas of channel marketing, product marketing, project management or sales management
- Must have outstanding written, presentation and verbal communication skills; this position will be highly visible across the marketing and PlayStation organization, both regionally and globally
- A planner and a closer; articulates the big picture plan and sets expectations to deliver against it
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills as well as strong creative intuition.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Project management, problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint Pro and Excel
- Strong understanding of marketing in the digital media and video games industry
- Passion for technology & entertainment (games, music, movies, TVs)
- Travel up to 25% internationally
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.