Senior Manager, Developer Relations (Japan)
9 days ago
Senior Manager, Developer Relations (Japan)
We’re in search of a candidate who has strong skills and experience in building and leading high-performing teams. This is a ground-floor opportunity to help establish Magic Leap’s presence in Japan. You will be responsible for building a Developer Relations team comprised of Developer Partner Managers, Developer Technology Engineers and Developer Evangelists, to engage, grow and cultivate a vibrant developer ecosystem in the region.
In addition to organizational leadership, the ideal candidate will identify, curate and cultivate key developer/creator relationships which support Magic Leap’s third-party content ecosystem. This includes initial outreach, onboarding and management of 1:1 relationships with third-party developer partners. You will handle multiple partnerships and manage projects across a variety of product verticals to serve Consumer, Enterprise, and Creator customers (example categories include interactive entertainment, location-based experiences, productivity, healthcare, AEC, automotive and industrial applications). You must have a strong passion for XR and an innate ability to recognize standout developers with the skills and resources to create exemplary spatial computing experiences for Magic Leap’s platform. You are eager to be on the frontlines, leading the development community into the next revolution in computing. You will be responsible for the execution of programs and events which engage and inspire developers. You must have an innate understanding of developers, technical acumen, and a knack for recognizing and elevating the best of the best.
- Establish, cultivate and manage long term, mutually beneficial 1:1 relationships with developers & creators. Guide and support their efforts to bring unique content, applications and experiences to Magic Leap.
- Build a deep knowledge of the company's technology/products/services so as to articulate how they enable developers.
- Relentlessly advocate for developers’ needs internally within the company to improve our overall developer platform, products and services.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts in technology and product design to guide and support partners’ development efforts.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders in Business Development, Sales and Marketing to identify, prioritize and engage with 3rd parties, including developers, creators, and middleware/technology providers.
- Identify new opportunities for strategic developer partnerships and aid in due diligence to determine near, mid, far term potential for Magic Leap’s customers.
- Responsible for project oversight and risk management of full product life-cycle for a portfolio of third party applications funded by Magic Leap.
- Grow and maintain a network of developer contacts in the growing spatial computing industry.
- Participate in and help to facilitate Magic Leap’s engagement in developer industry events, meetups, hackathons.
- Formulate mid to long-term staffing plans and provide day-to-day management of Japan team
- 10+ years experience building and managing diverse teams
- 10+ years experience in related field(s) (technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development) managing partner relationships, product management, or developer evangelism.
- Must possess impeccable written and oral communication skills (Japanese + English)
- Strong organizational leadership skills. The ability to spot talent and hire a team of top-performers. Leads from the frontlines, and has the skills required to get into the details.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across Hardware, Software, Product, Legal, Business Development, Sales & Marketing.
- Proven ability to recognize industry trends, develop an understanding of long-term implications, and deliver recommended strategies for new opportunities to expand Magic Leap’s third-party content ecosystem
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong product management and problem solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- Impeccable communication skills: the ability to develop strong rapport and credibility both externally with developer partners and internally across the organization, resolve conflicts and promote ideas persuasively
- Comfort with and eagerness to tackle ambiguous problems
- Solid understanding of and experience with VR/AR product development in one or more of the following content verticals: interactive entertainment, location-based experiences, productivity, healthcare, AEC, automotive, industrial software applications. Ability to ramp-up quickly on new content verticals
- Strong technical acumen. Understanding of the VR/AR development process and ability to articulate challenges and source solutions for partner developers.
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond team and relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others.
- Ability to travel 50%
- Bachelor's degree and work-experience in related field (technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.