Senior Manager Data Analytics - Economics
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
10 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Sr Manager for Data Analytics to empower and support a research team comprising quantitative analysts, survey researchers, and economists who support the Magic: the Gathering game studio. The overarching goal of this talented research team is to provide the Magic studio with findings to make smart but fast strategic decisions to optimize design of Magic products and play experiences.
What you'll do
- Brainstorm: Work with partners within the Magic studio to identify what knowledge we lack and shape a research agenda to develop that knowledge base
- Enlightened Tutor: Allocate projects to team members, manage workflows, and ensure high-quality execution of research priorities. Facilitate individual team members doing the deep thinking to conduct thorough research, while maintaining breadth of research across the team.
- Swiftfoot Boots: Help the team pivot efficiently to changing studio needs, particularly when an unforeseen developments requires rapid response
- Growth Spiral: Engage, develop, acquire, and retain the best people for your team
- Knowledge Pool: Work with team members to translate analytic findings into meaningful insights that improve strategic decisions across the Magic studio
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in a data-oriented field, some examples include data science, finance, business intelligence, economic/business consulting, or academia (Magic or gaming work experience not required)
- Demonstrated leadership; consistent track record of leading teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain analytic models to business leaders, as well as business concepts to data scientists
- A track record of building models that directly improve the performance of the business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate with all professional levels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities among multiple stakeholders
- A consistent track record of innovation, flexibility, and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of SQL, R, Python, SAS, Stata, or other analytics programming language
The following attributes are helpful and may accelerate impact but are not required. Our interviews will focus on aptitude and ability to learn on the job.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization application
- Experience with survey design and analysis, market research, and consumer testing.
- Passion for gaming, particularly Magic: The Gathering
In the Wizards TCG Studio (Studio X), we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.