Senior Manager, Creative Technology
1 month ago
Come join our Emerging Technology team! Our team partners with VFX and AAA game studios to build tool chains, tools, and improve Unity’s art products as they seek to produce top-quality games and interactive experiences. We bring together Unity’s inventions with our customers’ drive to succeed, fusing them into success for everyone!
Our team has a new opportunity for an inspirational leader who can drive forward the future of creative, artist-first technology. As the Senior Manager, Creative Technology, you will create a new team who will enable partners, large and small, to deploy our new artistry technologies and tools. This will allow our partners to create mesmerizing art in less time worrying less about technical details while simultaneously helping them achieve ever-rising quality standards.
Your goal will be to create an organization that integrates and improves our artist tools and technology. You will do this by bringing together a leadership team of technical and artistic professionals. This team will assemble novel, artist-pleasing workflows and toolchains from our upcoming technologies. The team will also collaborate with our product development teams to ensure that its work is harvested back into the product while benefiting the global artistic community.
As a leader of a new group, you will nurture success through communication, organization, process, and passion. Part of your duties will involve partnering with our Head of Production. You will also align our development teams, project managers, R&D, and our customer’s leadership team.
This role will require occasional travel to Unity R&D and customer offices, scheduled on an as-needed basis based on your discretion.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and grow a team of highly-skilled leaders in art and content production and tool development that are capable of rapidly evaluating and learning new technologies, and finding innovative ways for deployment
- Encourage a culture of innovation, where every individual is empowered to find creative ways to use and improve our technology
- Increase your, provide and encourage education in emerging 3D content development techniques and technology to bring innovation to 3D graphical fidelity and workflows
- Develop standards, processes, service frameworks, and enablement materials that structure our partner relationships for success.
- Guide organizational leaders on how to formulate product strategy, capture customer intelligence, and understand the needs of your team
What we’re looking for
- A technical leader who has owned art/content pipelines on a AAA game title, serving dozens of artists
- Experience building multidisciplinary teams consisting of both engineering and artistic experts
- Experience setting up processes for managing multiple concurrent projects, reporting on P/L, tracking utilization, and managing schedules
- A demonstrated understanding of the diverse roles and production stages involved in the creation and delivery of real-time 3D content, and how workflow and pipeline choices impact schedules, requirements, and problem-solving strategies
You might also have
- Experience as a programmer, VFX technical director, or technical artist
- Experience creating games in third-party real-time engines, such as Unity or Unreal
- Presented talks or seminars in a public venue or conference
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.