Senior Manager, Consumer Communications
13 days ago
Senior Manager, Consumer Communications
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, our global community spends over 3B hours on our platform exploring millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and be part of the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously but aren’t afraid to have fun while they’re doing it.
Much like our platform, the possibilities at Roblox are limitless. We’re looking for someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. If that someone is you, let’s talk.
Roblox is seeking an experienced consumer communications senior manager to join our growing communications team. The right candidate is a strategic thinker, project manager, and gifted publicist and storyteller who combines creativity and proactivity to develop scalable, and global campaigns and initiatives that will generate media coverage about Roblox in key markets and create buzz and interest in the brand from consumers as well as candidates.
This role reports to the Director of Consumer Communications and is based at Roblox HQs in San Mateo, CA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will develop and execute consumer public relations efforts with a focus on building trust in and engagement with the brand and supporting employer branding efforts as Roblox continues to attract top talent.
- Conceptualizing, leading, and executing impactful consumer-facing global, regional and/or market specific media relations initiatives and campaigns that support business objectives. This is inclusive of data analysis and survey development and deployment
- Utilizing storytelling and strategy to ensure Roblox shows up in relevant conversations with a competitive edge and help educate consumers about engaging with Roblox
- Evolving Roblox’s employer brand communications strategy through owned and earned channels to drive awareness and consideration among potential candidates, while meeting our brand awareness, consideration, and recruitment/retention KPIs
- Working with senior leaders and recruitment teams to research and map relevant audiences
- Leading Roblox’s participation in the most relevant professional and thought leadership events, both local and internationally
- Helping our leadership team secure speaking opportunities at the most influential events to help us drive our goals
- And bringing a creative approach to deliver measurable, attributable results.
- Primary responsibilities include:
- Promoting Roblox’s consumer-focused and employer branding initiatives, including our groundbreaking Digital Civility Initiative, to relevant media in key markets
- Liaising with business leads on upcoming initiatives and devising recommendations for PR amplification
- Coordinating with the corporate team on brand partnerships, music launches and other proactive initiatives to increase reach in consumer outlets
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key reporters
- Serving as PR lead at relevant trade shows/other industry events as necessary
- Collaborating with PR agencies globally to help develop impactful and efficient results around consumer PR efforts
- Proactively brainstorming new campaign ideas
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Brand or Consumer PR from a global public company (consumer tech, entertainment, media or gaming preferred)
- Experience developing impactful and successful proactive consumer PR campaigns
- Proven skill and passion in building relationships with consumer media and in successfully delivering high-impact placements for brands
- Excellent understanding of recruitment marketing and talent acquisition tactics
- Confidence producing content for different markets, channels, and media
- Experience commissioning research or mining internal data to support storytelling and tailoring based on market needs
- Self-motivated, willing to roll your sleeves up to work collaboratively and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to forge relationships across the business
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Basic understanding of how organizations with large engineering teams and focus on innovation operate
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Agency management experience
- An appetite for creating news
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination