Senior Manager, Commercial
9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products & services. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As Senior Manager, you'll collaborate with the commercial manager as the key contact on accounts/partners, helping them improve their business and achieve PlayStation’s goals profitably by utilising product and insights from data analysis, marketing, and what’s working elsewhere.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the GSA Commercial Management (key accounts and “new business” as telcos) and deliver according to business objectives
- Lead a team of GSA Commercial Managers
- Search for new business opportunities and implement plans according to target/strategy
- Build, drive, and control execution with nominated account to deliver revenue objectives and targets
- Identify opportunities for key accounts using data, analytics, and insight
- Collaborating with local Commercial Planning team to identify and prioritise opportunities
- Sharing insights and recommendations and providing challenge to increase LifeTimeValue, D@R and sell-thru of physical products (consoles, peripherals, games)
- Negotiate Commercial Terms & Conditions (Payment, Co-Op investment) and ensure compliance
- Manage coop budget, plan, and execute communication/marketing with retail and optimise value of Channel Experience (Trade Marketing) Investment
- Leading, supporting, and evaluating execution using data analysis
- Maintaining visibility of risk and adherence of account to Finance controls
- Acting as go-to expert on the account for our internal teams
- Reporting on retailer plans, activities and results and support forecasting based on this knowledge
- Reporting on local market activity including competitors using knowledge from accounts
- Lead Business Development for the GSA region
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience working in Commercial / Business Development / Sales related positions (including rotation across accounts)
- Adaptable to change & agile in thinking and acting
- Data analysis & data driven decisions / recommendations
- Working under pressure and meet tight deadlines and deliver commercial targets
- Marketing or/and Channel Experience (Trade Marketing) experience is beneficial
- Deep knowledge of how to increase Device Lifetime Value (DLV tools)
- Knowledge of local legislation
- Expertise D@R business
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Communication, Coordination & Collaboration
- Fluent German and English
Roles you will work closely with:
- Point of contact with various partners at their nominated accounts (Retailers/ distributors/ wholesalers/ Telcos)
- Collaborating with the Commercial Planning team
- Liaising with Finance, Operations, Legal, Marketing, Business Analysts, D@R team as needed
- Work closely with other Commercial Managers in other territories
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.