Senior Manager, Art Management - Unpublished R&D Product
3 days ago
Art Managers at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers a wide range of initiatives. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports, and gaining alignment with other several discipline leads. You will manage artists that work not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve.
As an Sr. Manager, Art Management on an R&D project , you’ll report to the Director, Art Management. You will be responsible for managing multiple cross discipline artists and managers within your product. As a part of the Art Leadership team, you’ll develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders to achieve broader product goals. You will help design, build, and maintain a healthy organizational structure. You will hold a high bar for performance and ensure the team is creating artwork that meets our high quality standards.
- Manage, coach, and grow the art team.
- Identify processes and methods to achieve the product vision
- Partner with other Disciplines to develop effective methods for delivery
- Build great teams that are healthy, highly functional, and strongly aligned with Riot culture leveraging recruiting resources
- Set product-wide art goals and timelines
- Help build and maintain a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- Partner with your Product and Delivery folks to create the right visibility into the team deliverables and velocity
- Set clear expectations, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in the art department in the games industry
- 4+ years of management experience
- Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
- Experience as a Senior Artist or Lead
- Proficiency in art fundamentals
- Experience working on a live service
- Expert knowledge in Production Processes
- Experience with Outsource Management
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.