Senior Manager, Activation – Activision Publishing (EMEA
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, Activation – Activision Publishing (EMEA
Job Title: Senior Manager, Activation – Activision Publishing (EMEA)
Reporting To: Senior Director, AB Growth Marketing - EMEA
Department: Marketing Communications
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho, UK
Contract Term: Permanent
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Senior Activation Manager, you will be responsible for executing our growth marketing strategy across the EMEA region, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing. Working in collaboration with our Global Growth Marketing team you will help build and drive efficiency and effectiveness through constant optimization and testing. This is a fast paced and highly energized environment where you’ll be working with some of the most creative individuals in the industry. So, if you have a passion for entertainment, video games and a pulse on new and creative trends in digital marketing, we encourage you to apply!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Regional media plan creation and delivery
- An extension of our Global Growth marketing teams, creating and executing our in-house digital plans (focus on EMEA specific partners and regional priorities).
- Performance digital media planning, buying and activation across our key digital channels (SEM, Social, and Programmatic).
- Performance analysis of our media campaigns and reporting insights and learnings to internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring all campaigns are managed to exceptional standards, utilizing all relevant, available and applicable optimization methods and management approaches to drive maximum performance and impact.
- Work with our data scientists to understand what does and doesn’t work.
- Develop and execute test & learn programs for the region to improve campaign performance, user conversion, retention, and monetization.
- Contribution to innovation within own area.
- Understand the commercial requirements across the franchises, executing strategies, and facilitating internal understanding.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key vendors to maximize ability for execution and innovation.
Coordinate and manage the activity in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Working in partnership with our Strategic Planning and Operations team
- Being in direct contact with our partners (key media vendors and internal contacts including Global HQ) to ensure the flow of media information.
- Recommendation of guidelines and media processes to improve the performance of our regional campaigns.
- Ensure high-quality work is delivered both internally and from our external partners.
Analyze our Media actions and propose strategic recommendations
- Ensure visibility and integration of our in-house planning and buying to all of our paid media activity.
- Production of high-quality reports, with complex analysis to support management decision-making.
- Lead key regional activation meetings, providing support on all other Global meeting preparation and delivery.
- Be comfortable reporting any potential issues or concerns with management, if you believe escalation may be required.
- Act as a point of contact and escalation for all the assigned accounts within your team.
- Develop strong cross-team working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage team expectations and workload.
- Degree in advertising, marketing or communications.
- You have 5+ years of performance digital planning and buying experience (media agency or in-house), executing acquisition and testing strategies geared at optimizing conversion, subscription, and revenue:
- Expert knowledge of paid search, social and programmatic.
- Experience of collaborating on a broader media plan (how digital works with traditional channels).
- International media experience is a must.
- A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention and LTV.
- Proficient across the latest adverting technologies, including in-depth knowledge and experience of using and leveraging Google’s platforms (analytics, tag manager, search and DV360).
- Possess a deep understanding of A/B testing and data driven optimization marketing.
- You are an analytical problem solver with a track record of success in optimizing marketing strategies and programs that drive customer acquisition.
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data to find opportunities and actionable insights that are not readily apparent and clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Work collaboratively under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail oriented and able to work well under pressure, whilst managing multiple priorities in an ever-changing environment and meeting deadlines.
- Passionate gamer with knowledge of Activisions’ games, products and services.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.