This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager, Accounting
21 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Since then, Riot has released multiple titles and has become a leader in global esports. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the player experience.
We are building a tech-savvy International Accounting team that is passionate about Riot’s mission and values and committed to working directly with cross functional teams to advise and collaboratively solve some of our most challenging business issues, allowing teams to make good decisions, solving key operational issues and helping them act in the best interest of Riot.
This new role Accountant III within China will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting and will closely work with other finance teams to contribute to the Company’s most complex technical accounting and operational matters and will serve as a subject matter expert with respect to the Company’s generally accepted accounting policies in the China.
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical and communication skills necessary to navigate complex operational issues and cultivate strong partnerships with key stakeholders. Having strong technical expertise and operational experience isn’t enough. Understanding Riot’s mission and a genuine commitment to helping teams creatively solve complex business problems is equally, if not more important.
- Lead the operation of financial accounting and reporting function for China, including compliance and statutory reporting, managing the external audit process and China monthly close process coordinating closely with other regional teams and central accounting to ensure reporting timelines are met.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Accounting to build a scalable, high performing team to support China initiatives and execute the Company’s long-term strategic vision.
- Integrate central accounting policies to ensure the consistent adoption and application of accounting standards and policies in accordance with US GAAP and China GAAP.
- Develop and maintain China accounting policies to ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, laws and regulations.
- Assist in ensuring the appropriate accounting conclusions are reached on a timely basis for transactions impacting the Company’s financial reporting.
- Develop a solid understanding of Riot’s business strategy and lead the initiatives to ensure internal controls are in place and optimize the approval matrix in China.
- Proactively monitor, review, research and interpret US GAAP and China GAAP standards and analyze emerging accounting pronouncements for financial reporting and operational impact.
- Manage the research, documentation and conclusions for new or proposed business transactions and communicate such to the central accounting team.
- Implement the global accounting transformation focused initiatives within China. This may include process improvements, systems implementations, adoption of automation technologies or other scalable software.
- Build dynamic working relationships and become a trusted advisor to key leaders and business partners and help them solve their most complex business and operational challenges
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a Big 4 Assurance role and/or relevant corporate accounting experience is required.
- Experience working in a high-growth, fast paced environment within technology, media and entertainment.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills working across multiple lines of business with a variety of complex products or services in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical proficiency and innovative operational knowledge with the ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Talent, Legal and Operations throughout the organization.
- Good interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, listening and communication skills with the ability to positively influence and collaborate at all levels across the organization and able to explain complex accounting concepts and issues in a clear and simple manner.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach with the ability to assess, prioritize and deliver results in a fast-paced company with a wide range of strategic initiatives.
- Ability to think outside the box, challenge convention and creatively partner with and advise the business. Must embrace Riot’s mission, culture and values.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based systems and data analytics tools.
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical proficiency and experience with complex accounting research and technical accounting activities under both US GAAP and China GAAP and be able to distinguish key differences between them.
- Experience reviewing complex legal contracts and evaluating business, operational and accounting implications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA, CICPA or ACCA certification required
- Future travel required
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.