Senior Manager, Accounting Process
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, Accounting Process
The Accounting Process Manager / Sr. Manager will have a leadership role in analyzing current business practices, identifying inefficiencies, and developing improved business and accounting practices with a focus on standardizations and process improvements.
This position requires working at a global level and cross functions with corporate and local accounting teams, business unit finance, and other departments to eliminate inefficiencies in business and accounting transactional processing while strengthening internal controls. This person will be challenged to apply critical thinking and analytical skills along with disciplined project management experience to meet tights deadlines and evolving business needs.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing company. The ability to multi-task and think outside the box is a must for this position. The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to the following):
- Create and maintain documentation of global accounting policies and procedures related to general accounting transactions (i.e. prepaid, fixed assets, manual journal entries, accounts reconciliations etc.)
- Understand and document current accounting processes to identify variability across regions / business units and inefficiencies
- Develop best practices and recommend future state global processes with a focus on standardization
- Maintain an effective global repository of accounting policies, procedures and/or process maps
- Determine and document the accounting process impact of new initiatives or change to business processes. Assist stakeholders to define their “from/to” change impacts and develop adoption action plans.
- Assist with documenting and prioritizing Record-to-Report process enhancement requests across business units
- Regularly report and update on progress, timelines, and challenges.
- Develop performance metrics to measure the impact of implemented process changes successes
- Perform audits to ensure compliance with established accounting policies and procedures and ensure audit findings are responded to and necessary corrective actions are completed timely.
- Ad Hoc reporting and financial support as needed
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required - Accounting, Finance, and/or Information Technology
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, finance, internal controls and/or consultancy
- Financial acumen to include knowledge and understanding of internal controls, US GAAP, and financial shared services processes and procedures
- Roll-up-the-sleeves and self-motivated from proactively identifying areas of improvements, analyzing data, gathering supports, proposing and documenting solutions
- Practical experience designing and documenting business processes and sub-processes.
- Strong process knowledge with the ability to identify root causes and champion solutions
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that could drive alignment of processes and methods across different teams and levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on robust Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle and/or other ERP systems, Hyperion Essbase, OBIEE Answers, etc. (preferred)
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.