Senior Machine Learning Engineer
15 days ago
Using our industry-leading game engine, we are building a new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud or on premises. This will impact multiple industries such as robotics, computer vision, and manufacturing, and contribute to the advancement of the field of Artificial Intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced senior machine learning engineer who will join the Artificial Intelligence Professional Solutions (PS) team under AI@Unity. The AI PS team is a product delivery team focused on developing solutions with and for customers who need intelligent character behaviors for their hardest problems and tasks. This role requires someone who understands Unity products, key customer motivations, and can clearly communicate this to a wide range of partners in order to align and lead a diverse virtual team towards a common set of objectives.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer you will be primarily using and integrating the Unity ML-Agents framework, which enables developers to train agent behaviors using deep reinforcement learning and imitation learning, into solutions for customers that require intelligent agents to solve hard problems/tasks. Where necessary, you may need to integrate RL frameworks containing algorithms and methods not within the ML-Agents Toolkit for training game-playing agents, and using cloud services to enable scalable, distributed training of agent behaviors.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the ML/DevOps Lifecycle for Customer Projects/Solutions
- Work closely with Product Marketing, PR, and Sales to align messaging and drive sales
- Write clean, maintainable, production code with documentation and tests
- Contribute to architecture decisions, design reviews, and peer code reviews
- Work with the AI@Unity product teams to contribute roadmap ideas and code back to the AI product teams with proper product integration with core systems
What we're looking for
- Proven track record in ML-Ops, including training, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of machine learning pipelines
- Strong skills in a high-level language like Python, C#, C++, Scala, Go
- Mastery of two or more core machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, sklearn, mlxtend, etc.)
- Hands-on development within RL Gym environments and OSS RL Libraries (e.g. Openai, Gym, MuJoCo, RLLib, Stable Baselines 3, Apple Core ML etc…)
- Strong skills in data management, versioning, cleaning and observability
You might also have
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or an equivalent technical field
- Experience with the Unity Engine
- History of successfully-delivered products or engineered solutions
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.