Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Deployment & MLOPs
20 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
You are an excellent software engineer and have an outstanding record of deploying and producing ML models, especially experience with deployment as prediction services. You also have decent experience and understand machine learning, including different types and tasks of ML algorithms, ML workflow, and common modeling/computing frameworks. Being a solution-oriented, creative problem solver; a self-starter with the passion and enthusiasm to drive initiatives for meaningful change, meet timelines, and build whatever is vital along the way is essential for this role. Capable and comfortable making architectural choices when working on sophisticated solutions consisting of multiple components.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists, data engineers, tech, and game studios to deploy machine learning models as production-grade intelligent decision services and integrate with larger systems or products.
- Build out robust Machine Learning Ops practices for the team and larger data science group. Advocate and champion engineering best practices within the data science community.
- Design and quickly prototype AI / ML-powered products and services for various applications including recommenders, matchmaking, cheat/toxicity intervention, and economy balancing.
- Work closely with game studio devs and central tech to plan and carry out integration solutions of AI /ML applications into games in time for launch.
What We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related STEM fields.
- 3-4+ years of proven experience in software development/ or software engineering, combined with experience on machine learning deployment in production systems and running MLOps
- Strong programming skills. Proficient in Python, plus at least one high-performance system programming language (C, C++, Java, Rust, …). Skilled with object-oriented and functional programming paradigms. Adaptable and quick to pick up the new language if needed.
- Familiarity with common ML tasks, including supervised, unsupervised, and with reinforcement learning as a plus. Understanding of commonly used ML algorithms (traditional ML and deep learning). Ability to learn and understand new ML algorithms.
- Solid understanding of machine learning modeling/computation frameworks such as sci-kit-learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow, or Spark ML
- Experience with data technologies such as Relational and NoSQL databases, Hadoop, or Apache Spark.
- Technically not a "skill", but you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ
Nice To Have
- Recommender systems, search engine, experimentation platform, matchmaking, or reinforcement learning technologies
- Cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure. Containers, container orchestration, serverless deployment, microservice architecture.
- Stream data processing and related tools such as Apache Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming
- Major game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.