Senior Localization PM
14 days ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory , Mabinogi and Vindictus , which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2022 for 2 years in a row! With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position manages the localization of Nexon’s game titles into multiple languages on time and on budget through successful project management and resource management. This position is responsible for creating effective workflow processes between internal stakeholders, external developers, and localization vendors in collaboration with his/her manager to ensure consistent, high-quality localization for all departmental projects. He/she also reviews localized assets to ensure that they meet the company standards and communicates linguistic feedback to external vendors. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, fostering communication between all internal stakeholders to keep them aligned, providing direction and key information to external partners, and mentoring other Loc PMs to ensure their work is delivered on time and is of the highest quality and help them develop their skills. This position assists his/her manager running the Localization Project Management side of things smoothly to maintain high quality localization for all Nexon games.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure successful and on-time completion of each phase of localization including translation, recording, and LQA
- Develop, improve, and implement departmental Localization procedures, processes, and workflows with the internal and external partners
- Provide mentorship and guidance for his/her fellow PMs to ensure their work is delivered on time and is of the highest quality and help them develop their skills
- Research new localization vendors, create and manage vendor databases, provide vendor analysis reports, and make vendor recommendations to Localization manager and other product owners. This includes voice over studios as well as any localization software out in the market
- Assist his manager with yearly budget planning. Also track budget and ensure external audio, voice-over, and localization work stay on budget
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ project managing experience required
- Minimum 4 years of game localization experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Localization experience with at least one AAA title is a must
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum of five years of project managing, with a demonstrated ability to manage and drive projects to successful completion
- Previous experience in game localization required
- Solid knowledge of the current state of the online game industry preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with external vendors and talent in the recording and creation of voice-over preferred
- Must be able to prioritize the team’s work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to find solutions and provide recommendations to all levels of management
- Must have the ability to act proactively to solve problems, utilizing excellent time management and organization skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of quality management and process improvement methodologies
- Strong analytical, oral, written communication skills required
- Fluency in English and Korean is a must
- Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime can be required, including weekends
- Experience with CAT tool is a must
- Experience with audio production is a must
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.