Senior Localization Operations Manager
17 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The localization team aspires to deliver a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. From audio to video, League Of Legends to Valorant; regional, cultural, and even language differences have to be accounted for so a joke that lands in ten countries and is incredibly insensitive in two won’t accidentally be shipped. Our team is globally-minded, working across diverse media types both in and out of the game as we help development teams deliver content to players everywhere. We strive to ensure that every piece of content from Riot isn’t just accessible, but resonates on an international scale.
The Senior Localization Operations Manager reporting to the Head of China Localization Operations will lead end-to-end project management of all campaigns and major projects in the China market. The role will be responsible for mapping out our existing cross-team collaboration programs, finding areas of improvement and optimization and helping drive Riot’s vision forward of providing high quality Localization experiences to our players around the world.
- Formalize partnership and workflow with both global and local stakeholders/teams with clear and easy-to-follow process
- Abridge the communication gap and process loopholes among Riot stakeholders and 3rd-party stakeholders
- Coordinate among multiple games when it comes to cross-game initiatives and alignments
- Find the commonality and uniqueness of various campaigns to be documented & optimized on an ongoing basis
- Identify areas of automation that can be leveraged with either internal or external engineering resources
- Execute together with global stakeholders global initiatives that involve China Loc
- Help streamline the CN Loc team’s daily operation
- 6+ years of localization management in a similar role at a game company or consulting/professional services organization
- Experience running complex, global programs across multiple stakeholders
- Experience launching game title(s) in China and familiarity with & understanding of game localization
- Familiarity with working cross culturally
- Skilled at conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- University degree (BA/BS)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Advanced degree in relevant field (e.g. MBA, Leadership, L&D.)