Senior Localisation Manager
24 days ago
Publisher focused Senior Localisation Manager with games industry knowledge, to support our company growth. With a strong to native knowledge of at least one foreign language, you will be working in a collaborative and agile environment, will excel in organization and communication skills, and be comfortable in working in complex projects.
Working across all languages, games and platforms, your key activity will be to support in-game, brand, marketing, and creative localisation-related projects, from inception to delivery. This will involve interacting closely with developers, producers, brand managers, as well as creative, language testing and 505 regional teams located in Europe, US, and Asia.
Alongside this, you will support all localisation tool engineering, for both in-game and brand/marketing content, to achieve optimal content leverage, cost reduction and terminology consistency, and will be the point of contact for all engineering queries.
- Support brand, marketing, and creative services localisation-related projects, from inception to delivery, leading across all languages, games, and platforms
- Review all source localisable content submitted by Brand/Marketing teams, to ensure it is suitable for public release and has approved by all required parties
- Lead the language external partners, as well as with 505 internal teams, to execute Brand/Marketing localisation projects to budget and time
- Support all localisation tool engineering, for both in-game and brand/marketing projects, to achieve an optimal content leverage and further cost reduction
- Support on all localisation tool queries, working on the development of engineering solutions that support file compatibility with the different game engines
- Create and maintain translation memories and terminology databases, to ensure these are consistent and up to date with the latest in-game content
- Run the QC of all localised content (in-game and Brand/Marketing), reporting feedback to language teams for continuous quality assessment
- Work closely with the LQA teams to ensure all LQA changes are QAed prior build implementation, and that translation memories are up to date with latest changes
- Display strong understanding of game content, identifying and communicating any cultural and language related risks, whilst proactively instigating contingency plans
- Support and contribute to game assessment activities (e.g., IGER / SPR) with cultural and language related feedback that is beneficial to product development
- Facilitate the flow of localisation product information across all teams and partners, and proactively contribute towards addressing project roadblocks
- Support line manager in tracking and reporting of project progress, schedules, and product metrics
- In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time
Skills and Experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of experience in managing localisation file engineering
- 5+ years of experience managing complex localisation projects in PC, console, mobile
- Experience with translation tools and project management methods
- Experience with PO, CSV, XLSX, HTML, JSON, XML, SRT and / or XLIFF file formats
- Experience in file prepping and QC checks
- Strong experience with bug tracking software
- Strong knowledge of one or more foreign languages
- Extensive knowledge of game genres and game industry
- Strong Excel and MS Project skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally