This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Performance Test Engineer/Architect
9 days ago
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for a Performance Test Engineer/Architect. Our platform powers online features for EA's game titles serving millions of users each day. You will get involved with performance testing tools, help shape all of our load testing strategies, architect and develop automation framework for our load testing needs. You with work with multiple engineering teams to ensure the product we bring to our customers are at top-notch quality.
You will report to a Test Engineering Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
- Create roadmaps and cases and gather requirements for performance testing and automation framework.
- Understand the load testing needs from engineering teams and translate them into features to build into our performance testing frameworks.
- Develop feature blocks to enhance the performance testing experience including environment creation, test execution, automation in results/metrics gathering.
- Work with several engineering teams to determine plans for scaling applications and performance test strategies.
- Solicit feedback from peers and partners to improve the design and architecture of systems based on performance and business goals.
- Direct and provide overall technical guidance on the performance testing strategies for live services.
- Advocate for a culture of continuous improvement within the software development and test disciplines for the software.
- Motivated technical achiever who can work in diverse environments to define technical strategies and execution in response to technology growth.
- Expertise in gathering and deriving requirements, translating requirements into concrete tasks, and writing technical design documents.
- 8+ years of experience developing application frameworks
- Experience designing and executing scalability, failover, stress, and other non-functional tests.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies, CI/CD Workflow
- Experience working with Linux environment.
- Coding experience in one Java, C++, C#, Python, or Scala
- History of implementing software development projects.
- Experience with Jira and Perforce
- Experience with automation and performance testing frameworks such as Gatling
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud applications
- Experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS EC2 with auto scaling and elastic load balancing
- Experience any of these technologies - gRPC, RESTful APIs, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, and Redis
- Experience working within the games industries
Don't Just Play It – Create It!