Senior Live Systems Designer
5 days ago
Gearbox Software is seeking a Senior Live Systems designer to join us in developing AAA games. This role primarily involves working in a small team environment with the Creative Director, Game Designers, Coders, Business Development, and Studio Production to help create systems for existing products that engage and retain players with free and premium content. This role will work closely with a variety of departments to coordinate long term plans for a product’s expansion and lifecycle after it has been released. Additional responsibilities may grow to include helping craft vision and high-level design for future IPs and leadership opportunities.
- Designing and implementing monetization and live systems that entertain and respect players
- Coordinating with studio production to ensure content can be created efficiently and consistently while avoiding crunch and burnout.
- Work closely with internal focus testing, community management, streamers, and other sources of player feedback to understand what the user base enjoys and desires for future content planning.
- Help pitch, create, and ship new ideas that push the product and the industry forward
- Being the internal knowledge expert for other departments to refer to about monetization design, live systems design, and how they intersect with various aspects of game development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Heavy investment in games, both as a player and developer and a deep understanding of current state of the industry.
- Proven track record of systems design, live content design, and monetization design.
- Fluency with analytics, knowledge of the business side of the gaming industry, and a variety of monetization models. Should be able to speak fluently in conversations full of acronyms like KPIs and ARPU.
- Have shipped 1 or more AAA or mobile games in a relevant position
- At least 3 years of AAA or mobile industry experience
- Excellent documentation, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to maintain focus and self-motivation towards the current project goals.
- Live near or be able to relocate to Frisco, Texas
Desired But Not Required:
- 3 or more years of game design or monetization experience
- Proven experience defining KPIs and designing initiatives that measurably achieved them.
- Prior AAA shipping experience with Unreal 4 technology
- Prior leadership experience