Senior Live Ops Analyst
San Diego, CA United States of America
4 months ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for a Senior Live Ops Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with our Analytics and Infrastructure teams to identify and mitigate any issues that arise within our game server infrastructure stack. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience supporting a large-scale live service and is well versed in monitoring, issue resolution, and disaster recovery.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Live game monitoring and incident management - build, maintain, upgrade, and draw actionable insights from product health data and tooling
- Leverage resources to identify, escalate, and mitigate critical player-impacting issues or outages
- Creation, automation, and optimization of associated data pipelines
- Leverage knowledge gained from prior issues to anticipate and escalate incoming problems
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines, teams, and offices to bridge the gap between development and operations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Live Ops or equivalent
- Solid understanding of data model design and structure
- Experience with Cloud-based technologies, Google Cloud Platform and Stackdriver
- Excellent in-the-moment problem-solving skills
- Ability to break large problems into manageable and actionable pieces
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Strong time management skills
- Experience in managing and leading other ops engineers
- A passionate gamer that understands product features and how issues impact a single player
NOTE: This role requires flexible availability including on-call
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.