Senior Linux Admin
Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi ae
24 days ago
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Linux administrator with experience and expertise in operating and managing online platforms. The Senior Linux administrator would be responsible for designing, and operating various UNIX/Linux servers related to online systems of Ubisoft. This person will lead in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Linux system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with organization goals, industry best practices and security requirements.
- Manage large scale Linux server environments: handling Linux environment, including deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring and tuning, security hardening, trouble shooting and production operations.
- Dealing with daily operations of online services, including but not limited to firewall, DNS, web and databases.
- Install, maintain, automate and upgrade various software’s and manage the monitoring of various services and ensure availability of these resources.
- Contribute to the evolving architecture of our Linux and storage services to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability, and price.
- Maintain strong security of networks and take care of implementation of various host and network security policies and procedures.
- Manage backup and storage.
- Maintain documentation regarding network configuration and troubleshooting procedures and services relating to network hardware or software.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime and SLA levels.
- Lead a team of Junior Linux Admins, reporting directly to you.
- Must have experience with online games.
- Minimum 4-5 years of UNIX/Linux system administration experience with a large infrastructure and organization.
- Must have experience with handling online environments with multimillion user base and millions of active users.
- Must have firm understanding of Linux internals and experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of UNIX/Linux based infrastructures.
- Excellent knowledge of Apache, Ngnix, NoSQL, MySQL or equivalent database.
- Excellent knowledge with cloud based solutions like AWS or similar and in depth knowledge of auto scaling.
- Should possess good programming skills in scripting languages like Perl/Shell/Python.
- Good knowledge of load balancing techniques, FTP, DNS.
- Should have clear understanding of Data center management and various data storage technologies.
- Strong background with automation and orchestration technologies such as Chef, Perforce, Docker.
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements.
- Understand how to work in a result oriented environments and should respect commitments towards the work.
- Be a team player and has the ability to work in the constructive direction for the company, team and personal growth.
- Be capable enough to adapt to changes and get the best out of it.
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams
- BA/BS degree
- At least 5 years relevant experience within gaming indusrty.
We are a multicultural team with 26 nationalities in 60 people. 100% of our teams are expats and we offer end to end relocation to UAE for self and family plus some exciting benefits and perks.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™, both based on the worldwide known TV shows of the same name. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations.
The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.