This job might no longer be available.
Senior Lighting Artist
10 days ago
Based in Guildford, DPS is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Lighting Artist to play a key role in the development of our ‘AAA’ free-to-play title. The candidate will be a self-motivated team player who will work closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to bring light to our fantastical game world.
They will have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture
The Lighting Artist will report to the Lead VFX Artist/Art Production Director
What will you do?
- Illuminate our amazing and vibrant world
- Enhance the emotional tone a depth of our world through lighting
- Collaborate with the Art Director to realise and enhance the artistic vision of the project
- Assist the Art Producer in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- Proven Lighting experience in the gaming or film industry
- At least 3 published games
- A deep understanding of lighting theory
- Experience with 3D packages and assets
- Experience of lighting within Unreal 4 and 5
- Superior knowledge of lighting pipelines
- The ability to convey mood, tone and emotion through lighting
- Strong organizational skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Very strong understanding of colour grading and post process
- Experience in setting up marketing renders
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- Interest in the development of Sky box textures
- Samples of your work displaying a range of subjects and styles and situations
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.