Senior Lighting Artist
7 days ago
Senior Lighting Artist | Art
Full-time • Project MultiVersus
Player First Games builds best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team significantly impacts the game's direction and the company's growth.
Our studio comprises industry veterans and talented artists who are amazing teammates and collaborators. Benefits include company equity, health, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), flexible schedule, and paid time off (vacation/sick/holidays).
Player First Games is on the hunt for a highly talented Senior Lighting Artist. This role is pivotal in enhancing the aesthetics of our characters and environments for MultiVersus and setting the visual tone for our players. The right candidate should possess both a solid artistic vision and a high-level technical understanding of real-time lighting workflows within game environments.
As a Senior Lighting Artist at Player First Games, you will:
What you will do
- Collaborate directly with the Art Director to deeply understand and execute the project's visual style and goals.
- Ensure artistic quality and consistency in all lighting tasks.
- Strategize with Production departments to estimate and allocate appropriate timeframes for lighting tasks.
- Ensure set milestones are met in a timely manner and maintain motivation for optimal outcomes.
- Work with the Technical, Environment, and Character departments to ensure that all lighting solutions are efficient, within budget, and uphold game performance standards.
- Assist in producing top-tier work to set the standard for the game's lighting.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a lighting artist or in an equivalent senior artist role.
- Proven experience working on at least one AAA title.
- In-depth knowledge of lighting in modern game engines.
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating a refined artistic and technical capability.
- Demonstrable leadership skills in an artistic domain.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Align closely with the Art Director to understand and implement the project's visual aspirations.
- Offer artistic feedback and guidance, ensuring the highest quality output.
- Coordinate with Production to set and adhere to realistic project timelines.
- Collaborate with the Technical team to guarantee lighting tasks are on a budget and optimized for performance.
- Lead by example, setting benchmarks with your exceptional work.
- Proficient in both baked and real-time lighting techniques within contemporary game engines.
- Deep understanding of composition theory and its practical applications.
- Expertise in color theory and its role in emotional storytelling.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in Unreal Engine.
- A passion for elevating art quality and exploring innovative ideas.
- A proactive, positive work attitude.
- Ability to take full ownership of your domain, showcasing leadership and responsibility.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and negotiation capabilities.
- Estimated base pay range for this position: $75,000 - $160,000
- Fully remote studio.
- Shared success in the company.
- World-class talent with experience in some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™).
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience.
At Player First Games, we design experiences from the player’s perspective. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
EEO is the Law / Pay Transparency. Player First Games participates in E-Verify & Right to Work programs. Applicants have rights under Employment Laws.
If you require assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note this communication resource is for accommodation requests only and not for general employment inquiries. Thank you for your interest in Player First Games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.