Senior Lighting Artist
21 days ago
Job Title:Senior Lighting Artist
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward, developer of numerous award-winning games, is seeking a Senior Lighting Artist , with experience in game development and an interest in working with next-generation technologies. If you are a Senior Lighting Artist and have experience shipping AAA titles with visually stunning lighting aesthetics, then we are looking for you!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with Level Designers, Environment Artists, Visual Effects Artists, and Team Leads to provide lighting for game environments and characters.
- Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
- Generate visually stunning creative solutions that are within memory and performance guidelines.
- Ownership of level lighting process from initial look dev to final polish pass.
- Solve technical issues that arise with tools, process or game performance.
- Help to maintain standards for physically correct lighting across teams and studios.
- Support the content and data acquisition process for skies and materials.
- Provide mentorship to other team members in specific areas of expertise.
- 4+ years of real-time lighting experience on pc or current console hardware.
- Solid understanding and experience with runtime and pre-baked lighting techniques.
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Experience and understanding of current “industry standard” real-time PBR techniques.
- Solid understanding of photography, camera terminology, exposure, and light.
- Understanding of composition and the ability for lighting to enhance mood and gameplay.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Engineers on large teams.
- Knowledge of color theory, HDR techniques, and how to use light and shadow to create form.
- Ability to follow design reference, mood pieces, concept art and implement Art Directors vision.
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Coding and shader writing experience a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.