This job might no longer be available.
Senior Lighting Artist - Unannounced Survival Game
24 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Lighting Artist - Unannounced Survival Game
Senior Lighting Artist - Unannounced Survival Game
Location: This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
Are you passionate about Lighting in games? Are you distracted from everyday life thinking about exposure values, lumens, and color palettes? Are you obsessed with how lighting can support gameplay in videogames? Do you love crafting fantastic worlds and stories that people will explore endlessly? Then you should apply. It doesn’t get much better than what we have to offer you!
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
You can learn a bit more about this upcoming Unannounced Survival Game in our news release here!
You’re good at:
- Understanding both the technical and artistic processes that contribute to achieving amazing Lighting results in real-time.
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of Lighting work in game engines.
- Working with lighting ratios, color, shape, and tone to establish the right mood and to consistently hit art targets.
- Partnering with other artists, designers, and engineers to create new features and techniques. We build our games collaboratively.
- Supporting the development of physically based rendering and materials.
- Communicating professionally and contributing to team culture.
Extra awesome points for:
- Having an exceptional understanding of real-world lighting behaviors, and a keen eye towards developing alluring and emotive game visuals that draw the player in.
- Being an avid player of a variety of games.
- Having previously shipped AAA titles as a Lighting Artist.
- Keeping up with the latest industry standards and lighting developments.
- Skills in related disciplines like photography, 3D generalist skills, VFX, or traditional art media.
You’ll need to provide us with:
- Your Resume
- Your Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.