Senior Lighting Artist - Treyarch Vancouver
27 days ago
Job Title:Senior Lighting Artist - Treyarch Vancouver
Treyarch is searching for an exceptional Senior Lighting Artist to join our team. You should have a passion for making games, a technical understanding, and a focus on realistic lighting. Additionally, our ideal candidate would also show examples of lighting they have done for other AAA titles.
What you’ll do…
- Be responsible for crafting gameplay and in-game cinematic lighting based on direction from our Art Directors and Lighting Lead.
- Ensure a high level of quality while maintaining a full production load.
- Ensure that lighting assets meet runtime and disk budgeting requirements.
- Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Design, Production, Environment Art, VFX, and Tech Art.
- Work in and maintain an efficient organizational structure for all lighting assets.
- Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and independence.
To succeed you should have…
- Experience in lighting environments and characters with an understanding of gameplay implications.
- Understanding of lighting fundamentals.
- Knowledge of color theory and a strong understanding of light and shadow.
- Excellent sense of composition and the ability to improve the mood with lighting.
- Ability to follow design references and achieve realism.
- Experience with PBR & HDR rendering.
- Photoshop experience.
- Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment.
- 5 or more years of proven experience.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience with Radiant.
- A basic understanding of game scripting.
- Effective use of Color Grading and Post FX to improve final rendered images.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
The standard base pay range for this role is 79,800 - 168,800 CAD annually. These values reflect the expected annualized base pay range of new hires in British Columbia, Canada. Ultimately, your offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share additional details for this role during the hiring process.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.