This job might no longer be available.
Senior Lighting Artist- The MILL
22 days ago
An artist with the ability to produce photo real or stylized output/passes according to the creative need of element. The artist should be able to deliver shots as per the expectations under an intense production environment and to keep a consistent look and quality throughout a sequence.
- Knowing lighting and Lookdev in Maya/Houdini Arnold.
- Clear understanding of render optimisation and Maya/Houdini arnold’s lights and shaders attributes.
- Good Compositing skills in nuke and clear understanding of channel manipulation, depth of field, motion blur etc.
- Eye for detail/photo-realism and precision with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong artistic ability with good understanding of lighting and shading to grasp the detail and composition of shot.
- Good knowhow of VFX comp and CG pipeline/workflow.
- Good understanding of Technical and Artistic aspects with good time management.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication and should be able to communicate across departments.
- Good knowledge of HDRI Stitching and Color space.
Any of the following is a bonus:
- Knowing lighting and Lookdev in Houdini Arnold Mantra.
- Having Texturing capabilities in Substance/Mari .
- Strong understanding of lighting aspects with basic photography background.
- Experience working on international Feature/Commercials form of VFX projects.
- Experience working closely with Comp team/Sup’s on look-dev, shading and generating master shots
Any of the following is a great advantage:
- Should be adaptive and able to mould accordingly to the creative need.
- Problem solver, enthusiast towards working within the VFX industry.
- A team player and open to discuss, share and propose creative ideas/approaches among teams and leads.
- Basic Knowledge of Python, MEL and Shell scripting.
- Good Understanding of Linux Operating System.
- Be an inclusive workplace for everyone by removing barriers that hinder people from being themselves.
- Build and maintain a community where all staff feel safe, included and accepted for who they are.
- Attract, nurture, and retain the best talent in the industry irrespective of their background.
- Committed to a genuine change in our business and the wider industry.
- Investing in our people: time, budget, training and ongoing development.
- Facilitating open discussion & debate.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
We are an award-winning visual effects company built on the belief that our team's strength lies and our success relies on our people. By embracing our clients in our mutual trust and commitment culture, we set the stage for seamless partnerships and the perfect translation of creative vision to visual art. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen in some of the World’s most exciting film and television content. By uniting with our friends to tell their stories, we become storytellers ourselves.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.