San Ramon, California, United States
8 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Striking Distance Studios is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Sr. Lighting Artist who has a passion for quality and collaborate with Environment Artists, VFX artists, and Designers to bring our graphic to the next level. This position will play a key role in the visual development, aspire to leverage cutting edge technology to produce the best visual and narrative experience. An ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge of PBR workflow and familiarity in photometric concept, as well as related cross pipeline and workflows.
- Create compelling visuals on environments and characters; cinematics through lighting in Unreal Engine 4 as well as using SDS proprietary lighting tools and a color grading application.
- Research and develop lighting techniques; envision or address tools needs
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Level Designers, VFX and Environment Artists to plan lighting designs that enhances narrative and gameplay.
- Troubleshoot lighting artifacts and optimize lighting setups in order to meet technical limitations
- Communicate with Production to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Mentor Associate lighting artists
- 5+ years industry experience with at least 2 titles shipped on major current gen platforms
- Portfolio should showcase ability to produce compelling visuals through lighting, as well a range of experience with lighting of environments and characters; cinematics.
- Production experience with PBR workflow or excellent understanding of PBR workflow
- Excellent understanding of color and color theory, compositions, material and light in relation to their application in games
- Proactive, self-motivated; able to translate art direction, visual reference or concept effectively into the game with minimum direct supervision
- Able to collaborate with the team leads to achieve solutions that work for all disciplines
- Open to criticism but also possessing an excellent capacity to solve both creative and technical problems.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine 4 and excellent understanding of tools and development & implementation of lighting systems and post-process effects
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve is a plus