Senior Licensing Manager
- Provide business vision, leadership, and strategic direction for consumer product licensing.
- Identify new growth opportunities, negotiate and create new partnerships where necessary.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of the licensing business, including planning, submissions pipeline, documentation, partner relationships, marketing efforts, etc.
- Responsible for budget and P&L; work with finance team to ensure accurate collection and division of licensing royalties and other payments.
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Marketing/Comms, PR, Biz Dev, Production, Legal, and Art as needed to align on licensing or cross disciplinary efforts.
- Coordinate with Creative Development to ensure proper business and creative fit of efforts.
- Oversee and manage Licensing Coordinators, supervising process and daily activities, assisting with problem solving, and providing training and opportunities for growth.
- Support E-comm Product Manager and provide strategic oversight of e-comm store.
- Source and oversee contracted work (such as with art agencies) as needed.
- Work with partners to promote retail efforts and identify opportunities at retail.
- Be primary point of contact and relationship owner for important long-term partners such as outside licensing agents and game publisher/developer counterparts.
- 5+ years of licensing experience across hardline and softline categories, preferably focused on entertainment properties such as video game, movie, TV or character IPs.
- General understanding of CP development and manufacturing timelines and processes.
- Flexibility to lead, collaborate, or advise as needed; ability to either direct others to complete a task, or to complete tasks personally.
- Strong analytical and program/project management skills; experience with planning, scheduling, budgeting, estimates, and reporting. Ability to prioritize and keep multiple efforts on-track as well as helping a broad group of internal team members and stakeholders and external partners do the same.
- Excellent negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Ability to use Excel, Powerpoint, task database software, Confluence, and other software tools to track and communicate plans, statuses, and objectives.
- Experience with and general understanding of game development industry is a plus.
- Experience with e-commerce, additional bonus within video game or entertainment related product.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about video games, entertainment, pop culture, etc and understands the passion our fans have for our IP.
- Has or can cultivate a deep knowledge of Gearbox IPs.
- Can apply previous experience to new situations; is someone who can execute on their “playbook” but is able to think and approach differently when needed.
- Is flexible and can work independently, or as part of a team, or by directing and advising others.
- Is collaborative, a confident decision maker, organized, and an excellent communicator.
- Is someone who other people genuinely love to work with, both for their personality and the results they deliver.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.