This job might no longer be available.
Senior Level Designer
1 month ago
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince , began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Wonderstorm is a place where creators work with visionary teams to do meaningful work that will last for generations. And that's where you come in....
We're looking for a talented Senior Technical Level Designer who brings the ultimate wombo combo of passion for game design + strong technical abilities. We're a team of doers, so the ideal candidate will take their ideas all the way from thought bubbles to full implementation in game.
What you will do...
- Design, implement, and maintain game content in our proprietary scripting language
- Collaborate with other designers to optimize content creation pipelines
- Create, pitch, and implement new content including levels, epic set pieces, and experiences for the player
- Organize and run feedback sessions; coordinate with fellow designers to plan next steps
- Work closely with engineers to stand up and maintain new features
- 5+ years of experience in a content design role (preferably one shipped title in a senior role)
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas, and both provide and implement constructive feedback
- Exceptionally strong scripting abilities and deep understanding of state machines
- Knowledge of cooperative multiplayer gameplay
- Unreal Engine 4 experience a big plus
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.