Design: Senior Level Designer
18 days ago
Unknown Worlds is seeking an accomplished level designer to work on our next game in the Subnautica universe. Our ideal candidate will be skilled at level creation in Unreal Engine and have a passion for storytelling through world building. We are looking for a balance of technical expertise and aesthetic composition skills.
This is a remote position on a fully remote team.
- Work with the design and art team to imagine and build immersive environments.
- Collaborate with the design team to create compelling gameplay content.
- Work with the level design lead to identify tools and process improvements for world building.
- Collaborate with the art team to identify needed assets for worldbuilding
- Share progress regularly. Iterate and incorporate feedback on an ongoing basis. Provide feedback to other level design team members.
- Support and mentor junior members of the team.
- 5+ years of level design experience in the games industry.
- Proficiency in creating environments in Unreal, including landscape creation, prop placement and foliage painting.
- Experience creating Open World environments.
- Deep understanding of level design principles and best practices.
- Aesthetic eye capable of creating stunning environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and self managing individuals comfortable working in a remote environment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Knowledge of UE5 & blueprint creation
- Basic 3D asset creation knowledge