Senior Level Designer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Bluepoint Games has begun the exciting work of original development and seeks passionate, industry-leading talent to join our pursuit in crafting Game-of-the-Year quality titles. Our studio is renowned for critically acclaimed titles that exceeded what the world expected of us, from the remaster of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, to the remake of Shadow of the Colossus, and most recently the PS5 launch title Demon's Souls.
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our design team. Work alongside industry-leading talent to build new worlds that challenge players and set new standards. We look forward to your creative solutions to make great games even better!
- Establish systems and core metrics that will drive the game
- Create engaging spaces that push gameplay mechanics
- Design, implement, and polish game content and experiences
- Collaborate with code and art teams to achieve synergy of form and function
- Tune key aspects of the game, including encounters, puzzles, and collision
- Analyze emerging game design trends and applying new mechanics to current designs as appropriate
- Be a mentor for the design team and assist with their professional growth
- Experience using GUI-based scripting systems
- Proficiency in use of Maya and/or other industry-standard software
- Knowledge of competitive products and various gameplay genres/trends
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and proactive approach to work
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts with other members of the team
- At least 5 years of professional experience in level design, with at least one shipped title
- Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop skills are a plus
- Desire to mentor and share experience/knowledge with junior designers and others
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.