Senior Level Designer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone , Uncharted: Golden Abyss , and Syphon Filter , is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Level Designer who will contribute to the design and development of AAA products with a specialized focus on creating level designs and game play, utilizing a combination of creative and technical design skills.
- Work with Game Director, Narrative Director and Design Leads to author unique, exciting experiences that ramp gameplay while delivering emotional, high-quality gameplay
- Create game layouts from scratch, and work with art to iterate on existing spaces
- Own and drive development of levels from concept to final shipping state, including hands-on work using population and scripting tools
- Maintain game design standards and metrics
- Guide and mentor other team members with an eye for quality, implementation consistency, and pragmatism
- Translate user testing and internal feedback into iterative improvements
- Continually raise the bar for epic level design gameplay and set-piece moments
- Game Design process knowledge including, but not limited to, story and character design, level design, AI design, player control, user interface, pacing, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages and code is preferred but not required.
- Strong error checking and debug skills to help identify problems and bugs and insure the assigned design implementation tasks are always working.
- Knowledge of competitive products and various genres, as well as a personal understanding of what makes games fun and entertaining.
- Strong reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to create and manage your own schedule
- Strong data management skills, with the ability to manage and track large amounts of data as they go through the design pipeline, with attention to naming conventions, directory structures, and other defined processes.
- 5+ years of experience in game development, having shipped two or more titles
- One or two years of post-high school education or training
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.