Senior Level Designer
2 months ago
Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior Level Designer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless, focusing on building amazing encounters and the islands they inhabit. The successful candidate will work directly with the environment art team and the design team to generate memorable places in which players can have endless fun and challenge. The ideal candidate can create content in UE4 with ease, can use Blueprints, and has both a designer’s and artist’s eye when it comes to level design.
- Work with the design team to generate and tune gameplay content for both combat and non-combat player experiences.
- Work with the engineering and automation teams to help design and create a vision for the future of our Level Creation Pipeline.
- Work with the environment artists to provide guidance on art assets that would enhance the current and future level design.
- Generate amazing looking and playing levels and their encounters that will withstand the repeated play stresses of a F2P title.
- Work very closely with analytics to propose tuning, both for short and long-term timelines, for layouts and encounters.
- Minimum 5 years game design experience, with at least 1 of those creating levels and encounter content for a shipped game.
- Has working experience with UE4 and Blueprints.
- Is familiar with, and has played, current Action RPG and Action Hunting titles.
- Actively owns the feedback and iteration process for level and encounter content.
- Speaks both Designer and Environment Artist.
- Work experience creating level and encounter content for F2P titles.
- Makes levels and encounters for fun, outside of work - whether in digital or other formats.
- Actively plays and is part of a community in a modern Free To Play PVE Game, such as Path of Exile, Warframe, or (of course) Dauntless.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org