Senior Level Designer
11 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Senior Level Designer. This person will be responsible for blocking out and building levels, and be ready to heavily iterate on them (playtest and provide/implement feedback). You will cooperate with the art team to make sure that levels are up to the highest visual quality while retaining the gameplay and fun as well as with the design and code teams on making maps as fun as they can be, and integrating any and all new features into the levels built. You will have full level ownership – from the paper design, through the whitebox phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization – until our game ships.
- Experience in level design – both practice and theory (chokepoints, routes, lines of sight, engagement distances)
- 5+ Years of professional-level design experience
- At least one successful shipped game on PC or console
- Ability to work well within a team, good communication skills
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize and deliver the best quality work on deadlines
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Unreal Engine 4 knowledge
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.