Senior Level Designer
15 days ago
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully remote home to bring your Level Design skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to help create worlds that players want to be a part of. As a senior level designer at Lost Boys Interactive you will work to plan, block and create interesting and immersive spaces that bring design elements together into an amazing experience. You should be able to construct and clearly communicate detailed map and mission plans. Create blockouts and walkthroughs of the space that illustrate the experience in the engine. Detail out metrics and work closely with artists to make sure the levels hit a high standard of quality.
On top of the day-today level responsibilities you may also mentor more junior team members to set and maintain the quality bar for how levels get designed at the studio.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the charge on map and mission planning
- Create metric definition for levels spaces
- Level blockout and iteration
- Mission prototyping and scripting
- Shepherd design experience while working with art to maintain and improve the experience from concept to ship.
- Work closely with the other designers and lead designer to make sure all of the level fit into the tone and push the core of the experience that build on the pace and tension laid out by the game’s vision
- Document and share learnings and best practices
- Script sequences in the editor
- Assist creating narrative elements for the level / mission
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Proven work as a level designer, preferably with at least 3 shipped titles as a level designer
- Experience building levels and shipping in Unreal and Unity
- Must have a portfolio representing relevant work experience
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability, autonomy, proactivity
- Structure, attention to detail, efficiency
- Ability to clearly express ideas (spoken and written)
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today and become part of the Lost Boys adventure!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.