Senior Level Designer
17 days ago
SENIOR LEVEL DESIGNER - MONTRÉAL
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to be an integral part of our design team. You will be tasked with creating memorable gameplay experiences for the player. We want you to help us breathe life into a new and fantastical world. Together, we will set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems-driven experience.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You are a collaboratively minded designer eager to work with a global level design team to pitch and develop playable game content. You are a dreamer and a creator, not shy about sharing your ideas. You’re able to give constructive feedback and receive it as well. You’re a gamer, always playing the new, next thing, and the oldies as well, learning from what you’ve encountered, good and bad, and sharing your findings with the team.
- Shipped at least three AAA titles as a level designer
- 9+ years professional experience in video game design
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-site team setting
What You Will Do
- Implement major quests for the game’s story
- Block out world geometry
- Collaborate closely with world architects on layout, and other disciplines as required to execute the vision.
- Take the initiative on tackling difficult or novel cross-disciplinary sequences or sections of content, and see them through from initial conception to completion.
- Work with multi-disciplinary strike teams to improve the game in various areas of focus (combat, AI, loot, exploration, narrative, etc).
- Mentor junior designers, utilizing your years of experience and knowledge to bring them up to speed quickly.
- Design and implement other scripted and systemic content throughout the game world
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.