Senior Level Designer
8 days ago
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.We are seeking a Senior Level Designer, with proven skills & experience working on PC & Console titles, to join our award-winning team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a AAA IP, where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities throughout a diverse range of features, from level design & flow, to controls & usability. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a team of passionate and experienced game designers on a AAA project for a 1st party publisher.
· A strong grasp of flow, balancing & pacing.
· Experience balancing gameplay systems.
· Experience working within UE4, as well as with Blueprints.
· An understanding of UXD.
· Experience greyboxing levels.
· Experienced making gameplay passes (Area Collisions/Event Triggers/Out of bounds volumes etc.)
· Experience with enemy placement/spawn points/navigation & behaviours.
· Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a creative & multidisciplinary team.
· Perforce skills are a benefit.
· Keep to the project's requirements for best practices & methodologies.
· To champion the game's vision.
· Constantly assess gameplay, flow & feel to the desired UX.
· Ability to review & feedback on the team’s work in a clear & constructive manner.
· Able to work with critique & come up with solutions.
· Ability to self-motivate as-well-as work well as part of a team and mentor the more junior members of the team.
· Enjoys a creative challenge with the passion & motivation to make great games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops