Senior Level Designer
13 days ago
Ascendant Studios is looking for a passionate Senior Level Designer to bring life to an original IP AAA action game. The perfect candidate will have strong creative design and technical implementation skills with a focus on level and combat design and a strong eye for composition and visual aesthetic. A background in AAA titles and experience working with UE4 is desired.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
- Work alongside other designers and artists to create engaging gameplay spaces, encounters, and puzzles.
- Own the creation of levels from blockout through final art process and completion.
- Design, prototype, and finalize fun and exciting level systems
- Collaborate and give feedback on other gameplay levels and features, give and respond to constructive feedback, and continually work to improve gameplay
- Help to establish and maintain best practices for metrics, spatial flow, and interaction design
- 5+ years of professional 3D level design experience, preferably with at least one first person title.
- Expert at designing, implementing, and polishing balanced and engaging first and/or third person combat experiences
- Experience and familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 for both level layout and blueprints
- Deep understanding of combat and puzzles
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, great time management and organization skills
Good to Have
- Experience with narrative driven design or quest writing
- Technical background with scripting or C++ programming
- Experience creating multiplayer maps