Senior Level Designer
12 days ago
Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Foothill Ranch, CA studio is seeking a Senior Level Designer to join our development efforts on an exciting new game! Within this role, you will focus on creating engaging, exciting, and fun gameplay spaces and the mission-oriented content inside them. You will work closely with all game disciplines to conceptualize, prototype, build, iterate, and ship large activity-filled areas.
What You’ll Do:
- Own your maps; design, pitch, block out your spaces/levels from inception to completion, owning the vision through every step
- Iterate on the core gameplay experience and bring it to a polished level
- Block out levels and play spaces in-engine, proving that these levels are fun to traverse, intuitive to navigate, and fulfill the goals set by the game’s narrative and technical requirements
- Understand how world design impacts other areas of the game and collaborate deeply with other disciplines
- Understand how world design fits into the overall creation direction of the game, both on a macro and micro level
- Analyze, validate, and incorporate feedback from the team, as well as from external user testing, as needed
Who You Are:
- At least 7 years of experience in video game design
- AAA videogame shipping experience as a Senior Level Designer/World Designer or equivalent role
- Extensive experience in designing and developing game spaces, from block outs to completed content
- Extensive experience with 3D world and level building tools
- Experience with programming or scripting
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of level design techniques.