Senior Level Designer
27 days ago
1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
What We're Looking For:
- A passionate designer: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them
- A hard worker: You love to put in the extra effort, because you enjoy your work and know the impact of finishing the tasks at hand
- Passion for gaming: You can recognize what separates exceptional games from the average ones. You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
- Design and build engaging gameplay spaces that successfully showcase unique gameplay mechanics of Splitgate providing a rich experience in level flow & navigation, combat experiences, and fun factor
- Guide a multidisciplinary pod to take your levels from concept to final polish
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game
- Support the other Level Designers in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- Participate in the creation of all types of play spaces, frequently owning the process from start to final art polish
- Work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines to encourage playtesting and feedback and rapidly iterate
- Optimize your content so it can be enjoyed by as many players as possible
- Scripting various elements while respecting the technical constraints
- Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleague’s work
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of level design experience. You have shipped at least one (1) multiplayer shooter.
- Experience in Unreal is a must
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers
- A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to debugging technical issues
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- A Passion for Games!