Senior Level Designer (Warzone) - Treyarch Vancouver
16 days ago
Job Title:Senior Level Designer (Warzone) - Treyarch Vancouver
Do you walk into a space and immediately imagine how it would play in a video game? Do you find yourself thinking of ways to make the space better, how you could improve it to make it an engaging player experience? So do we!
Treyarch is looking for a talented level designer to join our Warzone team. As a Senior Level Designer, you will work on production content for Call of Duty Warzone, Outbreak, and other large map experiences. If you're excited about building realistic, well-crafted maps that will be enjoyed by millions of Call of Duty fans across the world, then come join our team.
What you’ll do…
- Own significant sections of the game world and work autonomously in your day-to-day work.
- Collaborate with industry veterans across multiple departments, Design Leadership, and other partners to design fun, realistic spaces that embody a creative vision.
- Provide feedback to others and accept team-wide feedback to iterate on designs in a creatively fluid development environment.
- Develop and maintain documentation, standard methodologies, and design techniques.
- Contribute to the growth of the Warzone team by mentoring other designers.
- Work with your manager to plan your tailored career path at Treyarch.
To succeed you should have...
- Prior experience on published AAA titles as a Level Designer.
- Clear and proactive communication skills.
- Ability to manage your time effectively, delegate tasks and multitask.
- Ability to execute design concepts such as level flow, engagement design, and pacing.
- Ability to identify and communicate risks in deadlines and assignment scope.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience with the Radiant level editor.
- Experience crafting large-scale multiplayer spaces.
- Experience sculpting realistic terrain.
- Mod community experience.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.