This job might no longer be available.
Senior Level Designer - Treyarch
11 days ago
Job Title:Senior Level Designer - Treyarch
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty®: Black Ops franchise has captivated millions of players around the world.
We are looking for highly effective, self-motivated individuals with intense creative vision and a passion to learn. Our goal is to foster an environment with an eye for the future of video game development, we will need your help to do this.
This specific Senior Level Designer roll will be aesthetic focused. Your keen eye for composition and storytelling through asset placement will help raise the bar for our next big release.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with design and art leadership to deliver environments that embody the united vision of the game
- Collaborate with the Design and Art teams to bring level geometry to a finished, realistic appearance
- Translate concept and Art direction into a believable space
- Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art
- Playtest and help drive iterative changes while maintaining the aesthetic vision for the level
- Call out and resolve performance issues
- Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines
- Work to resolve conflicts between art direction and gameplay when they arise
- Be a team player, look for opportunities to self-motivate and be a positive force for the studio
The skills/experience you’ll need:
- Five years of experience and one or more published AAA titles in a level design or art capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers, artists, management, and peers in other disciplines
- Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems
- Expertise with one or more 3D level/world creation packages
- Strong understanding of scene composition and ability to set dress an environment
- Ability to use photo reference and extrapolate detail into a space
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
- Experience with the Radiant level editor
- Strong portfolio showcasing surface detailing and storytelling through set dressing
- Demonstrated ability to add micro-detail to a scene but balance this with the holistic view for the player experience
- Proficient in other industry standard 3d packages. (Unreal, Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush)
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III , Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War , have all gone on to break industry records . Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty ’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.