Senior Level Designer - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
5 days ago
Job Title:Senior Level Designer - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Own and design multiplayer levels from the ground up.
• Block out and build 3D levels through various phases of development.
• Research and be intimately familiar with the game's subject matter, locations, and architecture.
• Collaborate with the Systems Design team to support gameplay mechanics.
• Collaborate with other multiplayer level designers and environment artists to iterate on level designs.
• Prioritize well, meet deadlines and communicate progress of the level design with Leads and Directors frequently.
- Passion for shooters on Console and/or PC.
- Demonstrable experience making fun, visually impressive 3d multiplayer levels for a first-person shooter.
- Multiplayer map design & building experience.
- 5+ years professional level design experience.
- Must work well in a team environment: Strong communication skills, taking and understanding direction well, meeting deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Strong game design skills: must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games. Must be able to list techniques used to make fun multiplayer FPS levels and systems.
- Drawing/art/Photoshop skills.
- Programming and or scripting experience.
- Background or education in game design, architecture, or traditional art.
- MOD community experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.