Senior Level Designer - SUMO SHEFFIELD
12 days ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We are looking for a talented Senior Level Designer to join an experienced and passionate team in delivering an exciting AAA title. Focusing solely on crafting innovative and exciting levels this is an opportunity for those who want to leave their mark on an exciting new project.
As a Senior Level Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams to create exciting, innovative and engaging levels
- Understand the role of pacing, narrative, theme and mechanics in creating compelling gameplay experiences
- Realise the high-level vision of your levels through all stages of development from initial block out through to final shipped product
- Plan, execute and refine your levels from high-level concept to low-level scripting
- Use player feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience
- Share experience to mentor and develop members of the design team
To be successful you will:
- Have shipped at least one AAA game
- Be the point of contact facilitating communication between code, art and design at a senior level
- Be able to propose creative solutions to complex design problems and importantly “bring the team with you”
- Have previous experience of managing a small team of designers to achieve goals set by the Creative Lead
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here