Senior Level Artist (Mission Lead)
7 days ago
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Senior Level Artist (Mission Lead)
If you want your art to be seen and played with by several millions of players around the world, then this is the job opportunity you are looking for!
We are a vibrant and highly skilled team creating games together, with an ambition to inspire future generations and to build a better tomorrow. We are looking for you, a Senior Level Artist with experience in console game development, to join our friendly Stockholm studio and one of our new game teams.
- Working with one or several cross functional teams to create and implement high quality level art in Unreal 5, for both gameplay and cutscenes.
- Maintain the artistic direction in synchronization with AD and Creative Director.
- Leadership responsibilities for the artistic quality of all the levels in the game.
- Collaborate on planning and priorities alongside other discipline leads.
- Coach and mentor artists in the studio, within your area of expertise and bridge the gap between teams.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have some of the following:
- Solid experience with developing games for consoles and/or PC (having shipped a title is a plus).
- A driven, structured and a skilled communicator with the ability to lead and inspire others.
- Being fast paced, organized, with the ability to work with several teams.
- Great collaboration skills with an ability to adapt to any context.
- A portfolio that demonstrates versatility and high artistic skills in environment art (modeling and texturing of terrain, architecture and props etc.)
- Good ability to understand design and narrative and transform that into compelling visual storytelling
- Experience collaborating with level designers and creating beautiful corners of levels.
- Experience and skills working in a 3d-package like Maya and in a game engine, for example Unreal.
- Knowledge of performance and optimization requirements for different platforms.
- Experience from working in a scrum team using project management tools like ADO or Jira.
- An interest in Mojang’s game titles and in pixel art.
- Able to successfully document your work and contribute to spreading knowledge and insights.
- You care about people and can help us build an inclusive, open, and friendly work environment.
- Communicating effectively in written and spoken English.
If this sounds like a fit to you and you want to be part of a great hybrid working game studio, do not hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!